I still believe, Joseph. The future is always uncertain. The possibilities always endless. I still believe fate took my hand and guided me to her two years ago. And I don't think it ends there. There's too much time between now and when my life is over. Generally speaking, anyway. Hers as well. And this world is too small to keep us apart forever. Fate can bring us back together again under better auspices at any point during that span.
I'll be ready for that time to come, if it does indeed. And she'll see, Joseph, that I've never stopped loving her. She gave me 30 seconds before she decided. But, look at us, Joseph; there is yet an entire lifetime ahead of us both for that decision to change. Or it may not. I may be mostly deluded but I don't care. I've stated in previous entries that I wouldn't have been a better fit for her, anyway. Not yet. At this time, I can provide her with nothing. The things I can give at this time wouldn't be enough. And that's fine.
Fate has shown me that. I need to make myself a better person. I need to accomplish the great things I know I'm capable of. I need to change the world in my own way. I need to do all these, or at least be on track to being able to do all of these, instead of being idle, before Fate will bring us together again. I know she will. I don't know how we'll react when that time comes, but I know somewhere in the future our paths will cross again.
Then again, maybe Fate's little game ends right here. Either way, I will not let myself be a mere slave to circumstances.
It's like the lyrics I wrote for this special girl, Joseph: Fate can be changed if we try our best, and Our future's brighter than you could know.
Joseph, I still believe that. I always will.
Ever Yours,
Scott M.
P.S.
I've decided immortality is meaningless. I've changed my point of view. I used to regret not being able to live forever because I'll miss out on everything the world has to offer after I die. I'm missing out on things NOW while I'm alive! Why worry about things that can't be helped?
No comments:
Post a Comment